Home and School Association
Our 2020-21 Home and School Board:
President: Cristal VanDongen
Vice Presidents: Allison and Ryan Fletcher
Treasurer: Becky Johnson
Secretary: Alison Dean
Auction Chair: Jennifer Karrick
Previous President Advisor: Heather Bird
What is the HSA?
The Home and School Association (HSA) exists as a liaison between, parents/guardians, school, and parish with the explicit purpose to foster communication & community while executing school fundraising and social events. All parents/guardians are automatically members of the HSA. The HSA is a dedicated group of volunteers run by an Officer Board, Room Representatives, parents/guardians, faculty, and the Principal. Monthly meetings are held at the school. Parents/guardians are highly encouraged to attend and participate. Pertinent school and parish information is shared in these meetings, including all school activities, events, fundraisers, class parties, and any other school or church information. Meeting notes are published and available to those unable to attend.
What is the purpose of HSA?
- To promote communication among parents, teachers, and administration
- To provide information regarding all aspects of education and student growth & development
- To promote good will and cooperation between parents, faculty, administration, and parish
- To support the school through specific volunteer activities, social functions, and fundraisers
What are the responsibilities of the HSA Board Members?
- Work in cooperation with the school administration
- Conduct Home and School meetings
- Plan and execute all assigned activities and programs
- Manage and assist room representatives with their tasks
- Support and promote the school's educational program
- Support and promote the primary mission of the school
What are the responsibilities of the Room Representatives?
The primary responsibility of the Room Representatives is to act as the liaison between the HSA, the teacher and the parents/guardians of the class. Room Reps are the primary contact for their class regarding all Home and School communication and class projects. Classroom projects can range from helping with a specific in-class project, planning and organizing classroom parties, to auction projects and other organized events within or for the class that the teacher or HSA Board requests help with.
2020-2021 HSA Activities at a Glance
- Tears and Cheers Reception - Cancelled for 2020 due to COVID-19
- Annual Ice Cream Social - Wednesday, September 9
- Halloween Class Parties - Thursday, October 29, 2 pm
- Thanksgiving Feast/Veterans Day Celebration - Tuesday, Nov 24
- Christmas Program Reception - Friday, December, 18
- Valentine's Class Parties - Friday, Feb 12, 1 pm
- St. Patrick's Day Parade - Saturday, March 13
- Annual Auction - Saturday, May 1
- Teacher Appreciation Week - Monday-Friday, May 3-7
- End of Year BBQ Celebration - Friday, May 28
HSA MEETING NOTES: