Home and School Association
Our 2023-24 Home and School Board:
President: Kelly Trythall
Board Member: Christine Nielsen
Board Member: Jeanette Garcia
Past President/ Board Member: Melissa Martinez
If you have any HSA-related questions or would like an item to be addressed at the next HSA meeting, contact the HSA board at [email protected]
2023-2024 HSA Activities at a Glance
- New Parent & Campus Clean Up Night - Thursday, August 3, 5:00-8:00 PM
- Tears and Cheers Reception - Monday August 14, 8 AM
- Annual Ice Cream Social - Wednesday, September 13, 6:30 PM
- SEP Faculty Dinners (2 nights) - Wednesday/Thursday, September 27, 28
- Halloween Class Parties - Tuesday, October 31, 2 PM
- Christmas Program Reception - Friday, December, 15
- Mardi Gras Class Parties - Tuesday, February 13, 2 PM
- St. Patrick's Day Parade - Saturday, March 16, meet early, parade starts at 11 AM
- SEP Faculty Dinners (2 nights) - Wednesday/Thursday, March 20, 21
- Annual Auction - Saturday Evening, May 4
- Teacher Appreciation Week - Monday, April 29 - Friday, May 3
- End of Year BBQ Celebration - Friday, May 24 at dismissal
What is the HSA?
The Home and School Association (HSA) exists as a liaison between, parents/guardians, school, and parish with the explicit purpose to foster communication & community while executing school fundraising and social events. All parents/guardians are automatically members of the HSA. The HSA is a dedicated group of volunteers run by an Officer Board, Room Representatives, parents/guardians, faculty, and the Principal. Monthly meetings are held at the school. Parents/guardians are highly encouraged to attend and participate. Pertinent school and parish information is shared in these meetings, including all school activities, events, fundraisers, class parties, and any other school or church information. Meeting notes are published and available to those unable to attend.
What is the purpose of HSA?
- To promote communication among parents, teachers, and administration
- To provide information regarding all aspects of education and student growth & development
- To promote good will and cooperation between parents, faculty, administration, and parish
- To support the school through specific volunteer activities, social functions, and fundraisers
What are the responsibilities of the HSA Board Members?
- Work in cooperation with the school administration
- Conduct Home and School meetings
- Plan and execute all assigned activities and programs
- Manage and assist room representatives with their tasks
- Support and promote the school's educational program
- Support and promote the primary mission of the school
What are the responsibilities of the Room Representatives?
The primary responsibility of the Room Representatives is to act as the liaison between the HSA, the teacher and the parents/guardians of the class. Room Reps are the primary contact for their class regarding all Home and School communication and class projects. Classroom projects can range from helping with a specific in-class project, planning and organizing classroom parties, to auction projects and other organized events within or for the class that the teacher or HSA Board requests help with.
2023/2024 Room Representatives:
PreK: Christian Inauen, Kelly Trythall, Christina DaCosta, Lisa Dodd
Kindergarten: Merietta Oviatt Shearer, Ashlee Garecht, Danielle Larrabee, Amanda Mertens
1st: Halley Turner, Alex Campbell
2nd: Cathy Ginter, Berenize Johnson, Maria Joel, Christine Nielsen
3rd: Monique Lopez
4th: Jeannette Garcia, Zoe Budge
5th: JC Corn, Di Tinker
6th: Cristal VanDongen, Allison Fletcher
7th: Amy Henry, Jennifer Karrick
8th: Amy Henry, Jennifer Karrick
We offer numerous ways to volunteer. One of the easiest ways to find activities is through the Track IT Forward App. This App lists any needs including many of those listed below.
NEWSLETTERS & MEETING NOTES:
PAST NEWSLETTERS &